Sunday, March 28, 2010

ORATIA FARMERS MARKET














Every Saturday I have been getting my fruit and vegetables at the Oratia Farmers market.
Not only do they sell the freshest produce there are also a wide variety of stall
s selling breads, cheeses, chocolate, icecream to name a few. Try the portugese tarts. I love them. Another of my favouite stalls sells hungarian fried bread. Try the tomato, feta basil version. Yum!

One gentleman sells fresh passion fruit. I bought a bag and will be making passionfruit puddings.
I also bought some maori potatoes which are delish. Maori potatoes originated from South America apparantly.
Check the markets out and don't eat breakfast before you get there!

2 comments:

  1. Those markets really are the best . And only 15mins from the city center.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Agreed, I shop there every week and can't go without!

    ReplyDelete