Tuesday, February 2, 2010

Marlborough Scallops



When I cook with scallops I always try and use fresh scallops. There is nothing like the velvety texture of a fresh scallop.
Once scallops have been frozen the molecular structure changes and you end up with a tougher and fishier tasting shellfish.
I was bought up in Nelson and was fortunate enough to spend my holidays and long weekends in the Marlborough Sounds. The Sounds are only 1hr and 15 minutes drive from Nelson at the top of the South Island.
Every year I spend time there with my family and we spend our days fishing and scalloping the many bays and fingers of land which make up the Sounds. The Sounds are so expansive and secluded you can always find a beach for yourself!
The Marlborough Sounds features in a great book of "1000 Destinations you must visit before you die".
Make it your next holiday destination. You will love it!

2 comments:

  1. good work Rob, you came across very well on the show and you're my pick to win!
    xx cj
    http://foodnz.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete