Tuesday, February 16, 2010

COLIN MATHURA -JEFFREE FROM NZ'S TOP MODEL TEACHES ME TO COOK PURI!

You saw me cook Puri (Indian bread) on MasterChef to accompany my curry. They didn't work out as well as I normally make them, so I invited Colin Mathura-Jeffree from New Zealands top model to show me how it is done! Thanks Colin


COLINS PURI RECIPE
Ingredients

1 cup of flour
1/2 cup of self raising flour
50g butter (cubed)
pinch of salt
a dash of warm water to form the dough
canola oil





1. Knead the butter into the flour and add a good pinch
of salt.















2. Pour in a dash of warm water (just enough to bind)
. Add a dash of oil.
3. Form into a ball and need the dough (until the dough springs back when pressed)
.
4. Wrap in clingfilm and rest for 30mins





5. Roll out the dough with a rolling pin until it is roughly
1mm thin.















6. Cut the dough with a cookie cutter or the bottom of a glass.













7. Fill a heavy saucepan with canola oil and deep fry
once the oil reaches 180 degrees celcius.
Be careful oil is very dangerous. Use an oil
thermometer!


8. Et Voila . Colin's Famous Puri!!!

14 comments:

  1. That has to be THE sexiest cooking ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yum! You make it look so easy Colin

    ReplyDelete
  3. Super cute and multi-talented. Colin you need your own show! Watch out Nigella!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am so in love with Colin right now.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Move over Nigella indeed. Colin, you make cooking steaming hot and incredibly fashionable - a must have this season, cooking lessons!

    Hi Robert - love the blog.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Those Puri were darn yummy! Clever Rob - what a pretty model .....

    ReplyDelete
  7. Colin, sweetheart the food looks delicious & you look fab!! Now how come most chefs I have met are not as charasmatic as you. I am definately going to have to try that recipe. Actually I think I might have to sneak you into my luggage & take you to LA with me lol, love you :)

    Terri Purchase
    twitter.com/TerriSuperStar

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love it!!! Excellent cook ther buddy!!! These look like New Mexican Sopapillas!

    Rodney Ulibarri

    twitter.com/paradiseprince

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love puri!! definitely going to try this recipe out...

    thanks!

    Your anonymous cousin ;)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Thanks Rob,and especially you Colin for the yummy recipe,and for sending me the link this morning via facebook,going to have to try the recipe this weekend.Keep up the good work with this Blog Rob,and good luck with the Comp.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Colin looks like he has stepped out of a salon and into the kitchen, and wow does it all look very tasty!....yum wish I knew Colin and he could make that for me....but a girl can dream.......and I am dreaming

    ReplyDelete
  12. Colin u have done it again.....taught me how to walk on the ramp n now cooking in the kitchen !!!! Tried this your recipe and puris turned out fantastic. I must say ur trick of cutting the dough with a cookie cutter was a BIG hit, seen my mum roll one puri at a time n man it takes forever but ur trick saved soo much time. On top of that u don't have flour on ur at all, how can that be possible :O ...... no matter what i do i always manage to get flour on me. Email me your this secret as well pls.

    xoxoxoxox
    Miss India

    ReplyDelete